You may be familiar with the use of backout curtains. These are specially designed window coverings that aim to keep out light and create a dark atmosphere in the room. Blackout curtains are especially useful in bedrooms, home theatres, and other areas where you need to black out light and create a private atmosphere.
These are made of tightly woven materials or layered fabrics, which are chosen for their light-blocking properties. They are very versatile and endowed with light blocking, energy efficiency, privacy, sound reduction, UV protection, and other qualities.
As blackout curtains are relatively more difficult to clean, we recommend that you use Curtain Cleaners Sydney, like Professional Curtain Cleaning Sydney, to deep-clean your blackout curtains.
Why is professional curtain cleaning of blacked-out curtains important?
Blackout curtains are necessary for their functionality, appearance, and longevity. Like any other curtain fabric, blackout curtains also accumulate dust and grime over time with regular use.
DIY cleaning of blackout curtains may be difficult due to the following reasons:
- Black-out curtains are made of dense and thick fabrics, which is necessary due to their light-blocking qualities. These fabrics may be difficult to clean due to their nature.
- Blackout curtains may also have special lining fabrics that your conventional DIY cleaning cannot render clean.
- Blackout curtains also come with special coatings and chemical treatments. This prevents them from being washed using DIY curtain cleaning methods.
- There are also shrinkage and fading concerns if incorrect DOY techniques are applied to clean them.
When to get your blackout curtains professionally cleaned
- When you see visible spots and stains on your blackout curtains, which seem indelible and challenging to remove using DIY techniques, expert cleaners use professional techniques to remove all these stubborn stains without causing any damage to your curtains.
- Dust and allergen accumulation: All types of allergens, pet dander, and dust tend to stick to blackout curtains. Professionals do a complete and thorough cleaning of your blackout curtains.
- Mould and Mildew: In damp weather, we may see mould and mildew formation on your blackout curtains. Professional cleaners use the proper methodologies to remove any mould and mildew formation.
- Removal of stakes and pungent odours: The smells of your cooking may permeate your blackout curtains. These may render the curtains foul-smelling. Expert cleaning will remove all such odours and make the curtains smell clean and fresh.
- Professional cleaners may rigorously follow the instructions provided in the manufacturer’s manual or care tag regarding the cleaning instructions. The specific cleaning guidelines for the care of different fabrics will be closely followed to avoid any mishaps while cleaning.
Why must you use professional experts for cleaning blackout fabrics?
- Expert cleaners preserve the fabric’s quality. They are properly certified and trained in the appropriate cleaning techniques and avoid any harm to the fabrics during the cleaning process. This helps to preserve the integrity and fabric quality of blackout curtains.
- Their effective cleaning not only ensures thorough cleaning but also facilitates the preservation of the fabric quality and protects it from damage. We have already described in the above paragraphs how blackout curtains may have special coatings. These require special handling care and protection from damage.
- Use of specialised equipment and tools: In DIY cleaning, you may not have access to the specialised tools and equipment that professionals use. This may result in untoward damage to your fabric.
- It is time-consuming and laborious to remove, clean, and put back black-out curtains. It is more convenient and time-saving to use professional services to clean and rehand balck-out curtains.
- Expert cleaners also ensure that the longevity of your curtains’ lives is preserved.
It is better to hire expert cleaning technicians from companies like Professional Curtain Cleaning Sydney to ensure a state-of-the-art cleaning and a perfect finish to your blackout curtains.
Curtain Cleaning Sydney is a well-known curtain cleaning agency with a long track record of service in Sydney. We work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please contact our customer care at 0488855927 or online through our website to book an appointment.